Slough’s Labour Councillors will launch their manifesto for the 2018 local election along with a full list of candidates and biographies on March 7th at Slough Aspire. Our team reflects the diversity of our great town, with a candidate for every generation with our youngest in her 20s and our oldest nearing 80.
Labour Councillors and candidates will be joined at Slough Aspire by the town’s MP Tan Dhesi, who will introduce the event.
Our manifesto for 2018 sets out Slough Labour’s agenda to turn Slough into a place of opportunity and ambition for all the town’s residents. Some key pledges include;
- Replacing every property lost in the last year through right-to-buy with a new social home
- 150 new social and affordable homes
- £18 million to provide more genuinely affordable homes to Slough residents
- £17 million to ensure our current Council homes are of excellent standard
- Keeping every single Children’s Centre open & creating 400 new early years places
- £40 million to improve and expand Slough Schools
- Plant 1 million new bulbs and 200 new trees across Slough
- Introduce a ‘Slough Card’ to give Slough residents priority & cheaper access to SBC services & facilities
- Opening our new flagship leisure facilities and continuing to expand our provision of free facilities such as Green Gyms in our parks
Councillor James Swindlehurst, Leader of Slough Borough Council said;
“This week we will set out our promises for the people of Slough for the year ahead. If re-elected in May Labour councillors will once again deliver an ambitious, transformational agenda for Slough. We have not held back on our aspirations for Slough and it’s because of this ambition that we are well placed to drive our town forward and create a place of opportunity and ambition for all our residents.”